MINUTES BVRI BOARD MEETING February 17, 2007
ATTENDING BOARD MEMBERS: Brian Neth Katherine Aitken-Young Bill Webb Ginny Parkinson Eric Jung Gloria English Paul Peterson Scott Fairman Dave Morley Jack Wedgwood Ron Murphy
ABSENT BOARD MEMBERS: Ron Rossi Randy Mancini Gary Willard Gordon Ritter
GUESTS: Terry Woodrow John Korn Stu & Jeanne Farwell Deputy Stoner Sherriff Rick Mark Phillips Chuck Toeniskoetter
CALL TO ORDER: The meeting was called to order by President Brian Neth at 4:02 pm in at the Perry Walther Building in Bear Valley, California.
* Minutes of November 4th BVRI Board Meeting MOTION: Bill Webb moved to approve the final Minutes as distributed by Katherine Aitken-Young. SECOND: Brian Neth seconded the motion All members in favor. None opposed.
* Treasurer's Report: Jack Wedgwood Reviewed We are down in membership dues by about $2,000. Expenses and income were virtually even. MOTION: Dave Morley moved to approve the financial statement as distributed by Jack Wedgwood via email 2/126. SECOND: Eric
* President's Report: Brian Neth Nothing to report at this time.
* Election Results All candidates were re-elected by a virtually unanimous vote.
* Election of Officers President MOTION: Jack Wedgwood moved that the board nominate Brian Neth as President. SECOND: Paul Peterson seconded the motion. All members in favor. None opposed.
Vice President MOTION: Jack Wedgwood moved that the board nominate Dave Morley to serve as vice president. SECOND: Gloria English seconded the motion. All members in favor. None opposed.
Treasurer MOTION: Dave Morley moved to that the board nominate Jack Wedgwood to serve as treasurer. SECOND: Bill Webb seconded the motion. All members in favor. None opposed.
Secretary MOTION: Gloria English moved that the board nominate Katherine Aitken-Young to serve as secretary. SECOND: Jack Wedgwood seconded the motion. All members in favor. None opposed.
Chuck Toeniskoetter: Update on Village Development Chuck reviewed architectural renderings of new village plan in detail. He indicated much of the input received from over 600 people was taken into consideration as the details of the plan are being defined. Chuck indicated the EIR is proceeding.
Up Creekside drive along eastern edge of the village is Phase I. It will include condos over retail around a plaza with parking underneath.
Across BV Creek will be the balance of the plaza when the lodge and commercial center come down. These are future phases that are part of the master plan.
Extensive discussion about parking. The net summary: Parking will be built to support all three types of people in Bear Valley: homeowners, visitors, condo owners. For any county-owned spaces that are taken over by the covered parking structure, equivalent parking spaces will be deeded back to the county for homeowner use.
Timing: Start phase I in the spring 2008. The plan for the chair lift is to go up to Koala top. The ride will be about 9 minutes. The lift will go in with the first phase.
Commercial space plan: Currently there is about 16 - 18K square feet dedicated to retail. The plan for pure retail in the new village is 35 - 40K square feet.
* France Trip Eric Jung spoke on behalf of Pamela Barnett regarding the local kids who want to go to France and need to raise money. Pamela would like to leverage our newsletter and would also like to have our cooperation in helping them raise the funds needed.
* ARC Report: Ron Murphy Ron has been in touch with attorney to determine what can be done within law and CC&Rs regarding the Titus house violation. May have to file a lawsuit to enforce the CC&Rs. Investigating options and actions that can be taken. President Neth has called twice and sent two letters and gotten no response. Request authority to continue the legal proceedings to spend the maximum $3,000 of funds for legal fees. This should be reimbursed upon successful completion. MOTION: Bill moved that we approve Ron's proposal to proceed with his current course of action and spend up to $3,000 without further notice to the board. SECOND: Gary seconded the motion. All members in favor. None opposed.
Size of Residences Discussion Survey went out a couple weeks ago (about 420 letters/ballots went out and only 31 have come back to-date). Hold any further discussion until we confirm this is the bulk of the cards we'll receive back.
Driveway and Private Road Requirements Chuck Taylor prepared a summary of his review of the country requirements document. Chuck's conclusion was that it seemed reasonable to comply. Ron will forward the full text of the county requirements for those that want to review it further and email discussion will be the follow up.
* 2007 Fire & CC&R Inspection Update Bill is planning a more aggressive timeline this year to get inspections done and letters out as early as possible. Bill will be asking the same group of volunteers to do the survey again. Brian will prepare binders again towards the end of May. Need to know status of CSA ordinance to help us with vacant lots. Dave Morley will follow up with Terry regarding the status of the ordinance. Dave Morley to do a letter to all vacant lot owners at the end of May reminding them of action required from last year's inspection.
* Beach Operations Report: Gloria English Lots of dead tress taken down last year. Slash was stacked and burned. Gates have been removed for the winter.
* Picnic: Gloria English Scheduled for July 7th at 3:00. Caterer confirmed (same as last year). Dinner will be served at 5:00 (Private party July 6th.) MOTION: Gloria moved to divide raffle proceeds equally between early learning center and France trip. SECOND: Ginny seconded the motion. All members in favor. None opposed.
* Forest Trails: Gary Willard Discussion: Environmental review in process for Stanislaus forest around Bear Valley. It's a multi-year project that is ongoing.
* Newsletter: Bill Webb Spring newsletter to go out in May Content due to Bill Webb April 6th Content will cover: - Fire Inspections among other things
* Old Business Bill had BVRI stationery. He'll provide Eric a supply to have in Bear Valley.
* Next Meeting Saturday May 12th 4:00 pm In the Library
* Adjournment: Meeting adjourned at 5:46 pm
-- Katherine Aitken-Young BVRI Board Secretary 225 Fisalia Court, Fremont, CA 94539 phone: 510.623.9625 fax: 510.623.7362 email: email@example.com http://www.bvri.org