MINUTES BVRI BOARD MEETING JANUARY 15, 2006
ATTENDING BOARD MEMBERS: - Brian Neth - Katherine Aitken-Young - Dave Morley - Ginny Parkinson - Eric Jung - Bill Webb - Paul Petersen - Ron Rossi - Gary Willard - Gordon Ritter - Jack Wedgwood - Ron Murphy
ABSENT BOARD MEMBERS: - Randy Mancini - Gloria English - Scott Fairman
GUESTS: - Terry Woodrow
CALL TO ORDER: The meeting was called to order by President Brian Neth at 4:03pm in a joint presence at the Bear Valley Library in Bear Valley, California and on a conference call-in number set up to accommodate members unable to attend the meeting in person.
* Minutes of NOVEMBER Meeting MOTION: Bill Webb moved to approve the final Minutes as distributed by Katherine Aitken-Young. SECOND: Eric Jung seconded the motion All members in favor. None opposed.
* Treasurer's Report: Jack Wedgwood No treasurer's report available at this time. Jack will provide via email when available.
* ARC Report: Ron Murphy 8 homes under construction/4 still under construction (2 foundation only) Plans for very large new home available for review. No homeowners have requested review. New Issues: One Unique: Propane Tank Shed One incident of after-the-fact request for approval on stain color. MOTION: Ron Murphy moved that he and Brian will draft a letter to the homeowners about the color violation and the proper BVRI process and inviting the homeowners to attend a hearing at the next BVRI board meeting to discuss their violation and next steps on resolution. SECOND: Ron Rossi seconded the motion All members in favor. None opposed.
* Snowmobile Action Plan: Gary Willard Committee report Gordon Ritter to head up this committee to follow up on execution of the action plan.
* OHV Action Plan: Brian Neth Some complaints being addressed.
* 2006 Fire & CC&R Inspection Planning: Bill Webb Vacant Lot Enforcement: Dave Morley Discussing with Sheriff and his staff to establish a process for us to provide info on lots that need clearance enforcement. Sheriff's office would then send enforcement letters. BVRI volunteers to continue to do CC&R inspections. Dave Morley following up with BVRI lawyer on recommendation regarding enforcement guidelines. Pending response. MOTION: Bill Webb moved the board allocate $2,000 that may be needed to support the sheriff's additional work. Funds would help offset cost of additional administrative work, etc. SECOND: Gordon Ritter seconded All members in favor. None opposed.
* Forest Management Report: Dave Morley/Gary Willard Excellent feedback on Sean Hames's work on lot clearance in BV. It is our understanding that Don Stikkers is still available to do inspections and mark trees to save. Discussion: There are instances when "save" trees have to be taken down in order to access the trees that need to be taken down. Dave to provide info to include in next newsletter.
* Beach Operations Report: Gloria English/Paul Petersen Drainage control put in place to keep sand from washing into lake. Gates in storage. Plan to put better latch system in place next summer.
* 2006 BVRI Picnic Planning: Gloria English Picnic will be held on: Sunday July 2, 2006 Ginny will do the raffle again. We will plan to use the same caterer.
* Report from the Board of Supervisors: Terry Woodrow Board working on grant proposal for Don Stikkers and Shawn Hamis to assess and clear County Road right of way and some common area. Will continue to use CDF crews but if it's a high fire year we will need a backup plan. Winter recreation plan in development. Monthly meetings. Working on getting more involvement from the Calaveras side. Gary Willard, Eric Jung and Paul Petersen have been attending the meetings representing BVRI.
* Forest Trails Report: Gary Willard Network of trails used by BV, Sky High and other residents and visitors. Discussion about motorized and non-motorized use. Discussion about traffic in/out of the village roads and over private property. Surveys have shown that both motorized and non-motorized visitors use the trails for the same reason.
* Snowmobile Dealership No official Bombardier dealership in town now. Bombadier no longer selling 4-stroke machines. Arctic Cat and others do sell 4-stroke machines. As the local expert on snowmobile dealerships in BV, BVRI will invite Don Hamari to present his perspective on this.
* Snow Removal: Paul Petersen BV is unique in that we park in parking lots rather than driving to our own driveways and homes. Discussion about the way we plough that could possibly change--such as including a drag behind the snow plough with a corduroy comb that puts some texture into it; or let the snow accumulate a bit; or sand the roads under certain conditions. Paul Petersen is taking point on follow up on this.
* Newsletter: Bill Webb Winter newsletter will tie into elections. Timeline: Content due by Friday 2/3 Print and mail by 2/10 Bill will continue to do the newsletter. Katherine to provide mailing labels to Bill by Monday 2/6 Gary to provide "Good Neighbor Riding Rules" for snowmobiles. Dave Morley to provide forest management info. Brian to provide Water Conservation Gloria to provide a picnic save the date info
* BVRI Board Elections Coming up in February newsletter. Nominations in process. All board members asked to provide possible prospects to fill empty seats.
* Next Meeting Saturday, March 18th 4:00 pm In the Library
* Adjournment 5:15 pm MOTION: Dave Morley Moved to adjourn the meeting. SECOND: Bill Webb seconded the motion. All members in favor. None opposed.
-- Katherine Aitken-Young BVRI Board Secretary 225 Fisalia Court, Fremont, CA 94539 phone: 510.623.9625 fax: 510.623.7362 email: email@example.com http://www.bvri.org
-- Katherine Aitken the brynmorgan group a. 225 Fisalia Court, Fremont, CA 94539 m. 510.693.6746 f. 510.623.7362 e. firstname.lastname@example.org w. http://www.brynmorgan.com
GO BACK TO HOME PAGE GO BACK TO MINUTES PAGE