SUPPORTING THE BEAR VALLEY ECONOMY
Q: How can I help strengthen the economic vitality of Bear Valley?
A: There are numerous ways that permanent and part-time residents can help to strengthen the local economy including:
- Patronize local businesses and service providers at every opportunity
- Eat out as often as possible; consider dining out nearly every visit to town
- Help to increase the population of the town by (1) opening up an unused rental unit in your home or (2) renting out your entire home seasonally
- Visit town more often
- Bring friends and family to town more often and possibly have them rent a second house or condo
- Support the Music Festival financially and with innovative ideas
- Schedule a business retreat or professional organization meeting in Bear Valley that makes use of lodging and restaurant facilities
- Regularly post something on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc. about your Bear Valley visit, upcoming plans, great experience. Help make some noise for BV.
- Encourage any media contacts that are friends or family to write about Bear Valley. This could include company newsletters, blogs, newspapers, etc.
- Talk to the various BV business owners and let them know products or services that you would purchase that they may not be providing.
- Watch for opportunities to serve as volunteers on the BVMF Board, BVRI Board, CSA Board, at the library, at the museum, with the Soapbox Derby, the BVRI picnic
- Join the Friends of the Library and Ebbetts Pass Historical Association, and of course BVRI.