MINUTES BVRI BOARD MEETING January 20, 2008
ATTENDING BOARD MEMBERS: Katherine Aitken-Young , Dave Morley , Jack
Wedgwood , Eric Jung , Ron Murphy , Gloria English , Gary Willard , Randy
Mancini , Ron Rossi , Paul Peterson,x Bill Webb,x Gordon Ritter ABSENT BOARD
MEMBERS: Brian Neth, Ginny Parkinson ,Jeff Gouveia
GUESTS: Terry Woodrow, John Dralla
CALL TO ORDER: The meeting was called to order by board Vice President Dave Morley at 4:02 pm in the Perry Walther Building in Bear Valley, California.
* Minutes of 11/11/07 Board Meeting as prepared by Eric Jung. MOTION: Katherine Aitken-Young moved to approve the minutes. SECOND: Bill Webb seconded the motion. All members in favor. None opposed.
* Treasurer's Report: Jack Wedgwood Jack Wedgwood gave verbal report. Discussion of report. Balance sheet has a good cash balance but $13K of that is ARC reserves. Legal fees are being charged to ARC reserves. Budget is tight so we may want to consider fewer grants or a dues increase. Jack to follow up with full treasurer's report. Guest, John Dralla, requested a summary of the Treasurer's Report in the minutes. BVRI Board Secretary, Katherine Aitken-Young, will include such report as soon as it's provided by Jack Wedgwood.
Children's park contribution: Eric Jung Discussion: Jill Compton and Kimmie Johnston, representing the parents' group, presented the plan for the development of the children's park that is being developed in the dry creek area near the Perry Walther building.. County grant funding (Prop 40) can pay for structural equipment only but the overall park budget has to support the preparation of the site. The dollars have to be spent by the end of the season (10/1/08) or the county funding will be withdrawn. Discussion around July raffle picnic proceeds being donated to this as well. Ron Murphy also requested a paragraph for BVRI to include in the newsletter to solicit additional funding from the community. MOTION: Eric Jung moved that the board provide a contribution of $1,000 to support the development of the children's park. SECOND: Randy Mancini seconded the motion. All members in favor except one. One opposed: Jack Wedgwood is concerned about the current status of the budget.
* President's Report: Brian Neth Brian Neth not present at this meeting.
* Development: Dave Morley EIR not available until spring or summer of 2008. Once it's available we will have 45 days to respond. Per Terry Woodrow, an ad hoc committee is being formed by the county to address the items that were discussed as the September county meeting. Facilitating the ad hoc committee are Martin Fine (county council) and Brian Peters (county planning). Erin Johnson, Paul Peterson, Suzy Lewis, Jeff Sibley, Neil Wolff and John Watts are on the committee. Facilitated by Brian Peters and Mark Fine. Terry will also be attending the meetings. Terry will send a paragraph summary about this committee for the newsletter.
* BVWD Assessment Eric Jung provided a written summary of the BVWD meeting to be published in the Cub Reporter. Discussion about 8/02 conservation plan. John Dralla indicated a desire to have BVRI help disseminate information about the BVWD assessment, etc. John will send a paragraph to Bill Webb to include in the newsletter with links to the Eco-Logic website.
* ARC Report: Ron Murphy Discussed in closed session. Home size survey results fell well short of passing. MOTION: Ron Rossi moved that we make an announcement in our next newsletter of the detailed results of the home size survey postcard and that we as a board we don't feel it's prudent to spend $10K on a CC&R election on the basis of this survey. This notification will be accompanied by a a summary of the ARC review process with an emphasis on how the public is notified and participates in the process SECOND: Eric Jung seconded the motion. All members in favor. None opposed.
* Snow Mobile and OHV Action Plan: Gordon Ritter/Gary Willard Discussion: Gary and Gordon met with Chuck Toeniskoetter who is interested in noise and emissions reduction on the snow mobile trails as there will be impact on the new condos. Gary and Gordon will take the lead on the development of this ordinance wording to target a better/cleaner Bear Valley 5 years from now.
* OHV Trails Terry Woodrow brought a map of the trails under consideration. She indicated there's still time for public comment. When draft EIR comes out these trails can be commented on again. Discussion about whether the trail map allows for adequate access to legal exit trails. Route designation process will label trails as OK to use. Until such time as the trails are marked, all trails are legal. Paul presented an idea to put a three step ordinance process in place: 1. Ban modified exhaust snow mobiles from Bear Valley 2. Address snow mobile noise. 3. Address specific emission levels. Discussion about how this could be enforced. Gary will continue studying the issue and report back to the board.
* 2008 Fire & CC&R Inspection Plan--Dave Morley/Bill Webb Will have aggressive program this coming summer. Per Terry we got another grant for $5K fuel reduction (chipper, etc.) to use in the community. Terry will be writing another grant request for funds for road right of way and common area clearing.
* Beach Operations Report: Gloria English Per Paul: Grass encroaching on beach has been removed and sand that has gone into the lake has been pulled back up onto the beach--so the beach area is much larger & no new sand will need to be purchased this year.
* 2008 Picnic Planning: Gloria English Saturday, July 5th, 3:00pm start. Dinner at 5:00.
* Report from the Board of Supervisors: Terry Woodrow See notes embedded above.
* Newsletter: Bill Webb Input deadline is Friday 2/8/08. Discussion of dues: Our membership level has decreased to less than 300 members. If we boost that number back up we can bring in more revenue without raising dues. Postcards and emails to follow up our membership drive in the newsletter. Discussion of BVRI Website content. Board to provide info to Eric that needs to be updated. * Next BVRI Board Meeting March 29th 4:00 pm In the Library
* Adjournment: Dave Morley adjourned the meeting at 6:07 pm -- Katherine Aitken-Young BVRI Board Secretary 225 Fisalia Court, Fremont, CA 94539 phone: 510.623.9625 fax: 510.623.7362 email: email@example.com http://www.bvri.org Please consider the environment before printing this email.
GO BACK TO HOME PAGE GO BACK TO MINUTES PAGE