MINUTES BVRI BOARD MEETING May 12, 2007
ATTENDING BOARD MEMBERS: x Katherine Aitken-Young x Eric Jung x Gloria English x Dave Morley x Ron Murphy x Randy Mancini x Gary Willard x Scott Fairman x Bill Webb
ABSENT BOARD MEMBERS: Ron Rossi Gordon Ritter Brian Neth Jack Wedgwood Ginny Parkinson Paul Peterson
GUESTS: Terry Woodrow Chuck Taylor Dave Pye Deputy Denver Stoner
CALL TO ORDER: The meeting was called to order by Vice President Dave Morley at 4:06 pm in the Perry Walther Building in Bear Valley, California and on a conference call for those board members unable to be present in person.
* Minutes of February 17th BVRI Board Meeting MOTION: Bill Webb moved to approve the final Minutes as distributed by Katherine Aitken-Young. SECOND: Eric Jung seconded the motion All members in favor. None opposed.
* Treasurer's Report: Jack Wedgwood Jack Wedgwood not present. No treasurer's report at this time.
* President's Report: Brian Neth Brian Neth absent. No President's report at this time.
* Development Plan Status Report EIR in development and we won't see it until October. Big issues include parking. A meeting will be scheduled to discuss. Phase I committee members will attend. All BVRI Board member will be invited to attend. Eric is working with County Planner, Brian Peters, to schedule that meeting.
* ARC Report: Ron Murphy Update on review of Titus house. Ongoing communications with Mr. and Mrs. Titus and BVRI Legal counsel. No decisions to make at this time.
Home Size Survey Report 420 Ballots were sent out. We received 179 ballots back that included 105 Yes votes. 74 No votes. 241 people did not vote. In a CC&R election, the lack of a vote constitutes a "no" vote. In order to pass any CC&R change, we must have a full 50% (plus 1 vote) to pass. This return would not pass a CC&R change vote.
MOTION: Bill Webb moved that board take no action on design standards, CC&Rs, or petitioning the county at this time. SECOND: Gloria seconded All members in favor. None opposed.
ARC has scheduled a review meeting in BV on 5/25 to discuss some proposed new homes. Homeowners and contractors will be invited to attend. BV Library at 1:30 on 5/25.
Cul de sac driveways: gravel vs. asphalt issue. Public works if finalizing the response. Per Terry, the board of supervisors is hearing this issue on Tuesday. MOTION: Eric moved that we support the new requirements with the stipulation that existing situations are grandfathered and that there be a mechanism for variances. SECOND: Bill Webb seconded the motion. All members in favor. None opposed.
* 2007 Fire & CC&R Inspection Update Update from Bill Webb. Still need two additional volunteers are needed. No update on support for vacant lot compliance. Dave Morley will send the lot owner letters out again this year. Inspection form was attached to the last newsletter as a means of raising awareness.
* Forest Management Per Dave Morley: Ross Richards will do inspections and mark trees for removal on private lots again this summer. Cost will be $250.
Per Terry Woodrow, there are some additional funds available to spend on country right of way/fuels reduction. Chipper program will be made available through the Calavaras Firesafe Council. Contractor to do the chipper work is still TBD. Lake Alpine/BV Hazard tree removal project is planned to start this summer and continue through 2012. Will include Sherman Acres, Tamarack, and Lake Alpine in addition to Bear Valley.
Discussion: There's a proposed timber sale for PG&E to remove the power lines from Cabbage Patch to the ski hill from trees and put them on power poles, and remove hazard trees that could threaten the lines. Discussion around tree removal to support powerline safety program. Eric moved that we support the sale with the stipulation that there be no clear cut of trees not endangering power lines. Bill Webb seconded. All members in favor. None opposed.
* Beach Operations Report: Gloria English No report at this time.
* Picnic: Gloria English Scheduled for July 7th at 3:00. Caterer confirmed (same as last year). Dinner will be served at 5:00. Picnic will end about 7:30. (There will be a private party July 6th.) Bill Webb will be MC for the day. Tickets will be $15/adults and $5/children. Raffle proceeds will be split between the school's France trip and the Early Learning Center.
Board of Supervisors Report Public works will be working this summer on the design of the new loading/unloading area at the end of BV road and for a new parking area to the West of BV road at the road closure. Plan will include a road-widening
Community dumpster will be coming in on Monday 7/2 and will be picked up on 7/6.
Search and Rescue Picnic will be on Wednesday 7/4.
* Newsletter: Bill Webb Summer newsletter to go out in June to promote the July general meeting. Content due to Bill Webb Friday July 27th Content will cover:
* New Business Scholarship Program. Bill Webb would like approval for funding of two potential BVRI scholarships. Both are subject to confirming that they qualify. MOTION: Bill Webb moved that the board approve two $1,000 scholarships to be awarded to Bear Valley graduating seniors--subject to confirmed qualifications. SECOND: Randy Mancini seconded the motion. All members in favor. None opposed.
Music Festival MOTION: Gloria English moved that BVRI donate $1,000 to the music festival. SECOND: Katherine Aitken-Young seconded. All members in favor. None opposed. Katherine will send a note to Jack Wedgwood to issue the check to the music festival.
Lake and stream awareness/education program. Eric Jung led a discussion about stream walk/consciousness raising. Scott Fairman will work with Bob Schultz to schedule the next education program. MOTION: Eric moved that the board allocate $500 to pay Bob Schultz to continue monitoring and educating. SECOND: Bill Webb All members in favor. None opposed.
* Next Meeting Discussion: Plan to hold the general meeting over the Labor Day weekend. Will promote the meeting time/location in the summer newsletter.
BVRI Board Meeting Sunday August 5 10:00 am In the Library
* Adjournment: Meeting adjourned at 5:23 pm
-- Katherine Aitken-Young BVRI Board Secretary 225 Fisalia Court, Fremont, CA 94539 phone: 510.623.9625 fax: 510.623.7362 email: firstname.lastname@example.org http://www.bvri.org