MINUTES BVRI BOARD MEETING AUGUST 7, 2004
ATTENDING BOARD MEMBERS: Katherine Aitken-Young, Eric Jung, Dave Morley, Ron Murphy, Brian Neth, Leslie Peterson, Gordon Ritter, Don Thorson, Bill Webb, Gary Willard
ABSENT BOARD MEMBERS: Gloria English, Jack Wedgwood, Paul Peterson, Guests: Ann Wolfe, Don Stikkers
CALL TO ORDER: The meeting was called to order by President Brian Neth at 9:04am in a joint presence at the Aspen Room in the Bear Valley Lodge in Bear Valley, California and on a conference call-in number set up to accommodate members unable to attend this meeting in person.
* Minutes of July 4, 2004 Meeting MOTION: Bill Webb Moved to approve the minutes of the 7/4/04 BVRI Board Meeting as distributed by Eric Jung on 7/8/04. SECOND: Gary Willard Seconded All members in favor. None opposed. Eric will post the approved minutes to the BVRI Website.
* Treasurer's Report: Brian Neth reported for Jack Wedgwood The report will be distributed via email at a later date.
* Board Nominations: Brian Neth reported for Jack Wedgwood We need nominations to fill the vacant seats of Nick Grace and Jim Blake. Randy Mancini nominated. Scott Fairman also nominated. MOTION: Gary Willard moved to accept nominations SECOND: Don Thorson Seconded. All members in favor. None opposed.
* Forest Management: (Dave Morley, Eric Jung) Don Stikkers reported
that he's looked at 19 lots so far. And he has 16 more lined up to survey. Logger, Dennis
Weatherman, is lined up to do the tree removal as recommended. He has seen the first 10
lots. Each lot is a different situation depending on accessibility and density of trees as
well as proximity to home and road. Discussion about trees that are felled across the road
that cause road damage. Discussion about forest management on the common areas, dam, and
beach property. Discussion about Don Stikkers doing a complete evaluation of all the
common areas. Discussion around informing the membership before cutting trees on common
areas. Discussion about a special announcement in the BVRI newsletter to inform
membership. Don Stikkers will provide a draft letter for this purpose.
MOTION: Ron Murphy moved to have Don proceed with survey of common areas and recommending trees for removal for a cost of $3,000 with a maximum cap of $4,000. SECOND: Gary Willard Seconded. All members in favor. None opposed. Discussion about allowing removal of trees less than 12" in diameter at chest level for forest management. Approved wording to modify the ARC Design Standards appears below: Note to Art. IV, Section 1, paragraph (h): No live trees of diameter larger than 6-inches at 4-feet above ground level may be cut without permission of the Architectural Review Committee. Trees up to 12-inches diameter at 4-feet above ground may be cut without ARC permission for forest management. Any dead tree (all brown) may be cut without permission. The tree and branches must be removed from the property so that the disease that killed the tree is not spread to other adjacent trees. Removal of all other trees must be approved by the ARC. The Association (BVRI) reserves the CC&R enforcement authority against any property owner who violates the spirit of this extended permission. Added 7 August 2004 by resolution of the Bear Valley Residents Board of Directors for forest management. MOTION: Bill Webb moved to accept Ron's wording to amend the design standards SECOND: Leslie Peterson Seconded. All members in favor. None opposed.
* Tennis Club Presentation: Ann Wolfe - Par Course area has been tabled for now. Tennis club presenting to the Alpine County School Board next week to have tennis outside the ball field on school property. School owns 5 acres including ball field and more. The proposed site is in front of the ball field. Membership has reached 150 members. Business plan is in place to support the development of the tennis courts once the site is OK. Next step after approval by school board is to formally survey the site. $1,000 for lifetime membership. Then yearly dues. USTA is on board to help develop recreation programs for the kids. Ann will send details after the School Board meeting to update membership in the newsletter. Katherine will send email announcement to membership regarding: Alpine County School Board meeting will open from closed session at 7:30 pm on Thursday August 12th for Tennis Club. The meeting will be held at the Bear Valley School. All those interested in attending are welcome to do so.
* Beach Operations: Paul Peterson is working on the gate.
* ARC Report: Ron Murphy Discussion about conducting a night time light survey. Lights that shine onto the street are in violation of the CC&Rs. Outdoor lights should not cast light beyond your property line. Lights that spread light beyond property lines need to be covered so light pool is aimed downward. Discussion about chimney survey and fire safety. Discussion about houses without house numbers. Discussion about deck that was built recently without permit or ARC approval. Discussion about exterior painting done without ARC approval. Discussion about informing violators about timing of review. Discussion about Lot #75 with longstanding unfinished home. Ron Murphy will write a letter regarding request for scheduled completion of the home.
* Snowmobile Signage Update: Gary Willard/Don Thorson Meeting to be held next week on signage. CSA Board, BV Sign Committee, and BV County Supervisors are all looking at signage possibilities.
* Next Meeting Saturday, September 25th 9:00am
* Adjournment 10:24am MOTION: Brian Neth moved to adjourn the meeting. SECOND: Leslie Peterson seconded. All members in favor. None opposed.
-- Katherine Aitken-Young BVRI Board Secretary 225 Fisalia Court, Fremont, CA 94539 phone: 510.623.9625 fax: 510.623.7362 email: email@example.com http://www.bvri.org
GO BACK TO HOME PAGE GO BACK TO MINUTES PAGE