MINUTES BVRI BOARD MEETING SEPTEMBER 18, 2005
ATTENDING BOARD MEMBERS: Katherine Aitken-Young Dave Morley Ron Murphy Brian Neth Bill Webb Jack Wedgwood Gary Willard Scott Fairman Gordon Ritter
ABSENT BOARD MEMBERS: Don Thorson Eric Jung Gloria English Paul Peterson Randy Mancini Ginny Parkinson Ron Rossi
GUESTS: Terry Woodrow
CALL TO ORDER: The meeting was called to order by President Brian Neth at 4:03pm in a joint presence at the Bear Valley Library in Bear Valley, California and on a conference call-in number set up to accommodate members unable to attend the meeting in person.
* Minutes of JULY Meeting MOTION: Bill Webb moved to approve the final Minutes . SECOND: Dave seconded the motion All members in favor. None opposed.
* Treasurer's Report: Jack Wedgwood Membership update: 290 Memberships for the year. 18-20 short of this time last year. Lost money on picnic this year. Discussion about setting up scholarship reserve fund to which people can donate. Reserve $2K this year. Reserve another $2K next year for anticipated scholarships.
MOTION: Jack Wedgwood moved to combine the two forest reserve funds. SECOND: Bill Webb seconded the motion All members in favor. None opposed.
* President's Report: Brian Neth * Forest Management: (Dave Morley, Eric Jung) NPDES will be reviewed. Fire Safety Discussion Discussion: Engage the Sheriff dept to assist with fire safety inspections and compliance letter writing on Sheriff Dept letterhead. Bill and Eric will work together on this. Brian will document the process used this year. Bill and Eric will work together to define the program. Goal: Start the process earlier in the year and set earlier deadlines for compliance. Prioritize the worst lots.
* ARC Report: Ron Murphy Discussion. Ratify the existing design standard Katherine Aitken-Young moved to accept the revised language for the design standards that Ron Murphy sent out on 9/16. Revised wording is below: "Synthetic siding is permitted on a case by case basis, only if it is textured and stained/painted to look like real wood. Stucco or its synthetic equivalent is not permitted." Scott Fairman seconded All members in favor. None opposed. No other ARC Activity in process now.
Committee Assignments * Snowmobile Action Plan Gordon, Gary and Scott Fairman will move forward together on this. Top priority: Sign * Scholarship committee: Bill, Scott, and Eric re-joining * Newsletter
Bylaws Revision Discussion * Two primary changes to the bylaws The first major change concerns classes of membership. The second major change concerns term limits (section 6.03) Board members to review changed language and vote on accepting the changes by email or at the next board meeting. Board member comments are due to Dave Morley by the end of September.
Forest Management * Discussion. * Fuels reduction project
Beach Operations * Beach gate is up * Beach will be closed this weekend or next * Dock repairs need to be made
2006 BVRI Picnic * 7/4/06 is a Tuesday MOTION: Dave Morley moved to set the 2006 picnic date as: Sunday July 2, 2006 SECOND: Bill Webb seconded the motion. All members in favor. None opposed.
Newsletter * Deadline for content: Sunday 9/25/05 to Bill Webb (email preferred) * Include fire safety info in the president's letter * Send newsletter to ALL BVRI database * Katherine considering taking over the newsletter project if secretary job re-assigned
Board of Supervisors Update: Terry Woodrow * Budget/finance committee recommended a fee update for animal control related fees among others. * Working on a county-wide ordinance regarding dead trees. * Discussion
New Water Meters * Line dirt and noise in pipes may be present with new water meters.
* Next Meeting Saturday, November 12 4:00 pm In the Library
* Adjournment 5:17pm MOTION: Dave Morley motioned to adjourn the meeting. SECOND: Gordon Ritter seconded All members in favor. None opposed. -- Katherine Aitken the brynmorgan group a. 225 Fisalia Court, Fremont, CA 94539 m. 510.693.6746 f. 510.623.7362 e. email@example.com w. http://www.brynmorgan.com