MINUTES BVRI BOARD MEETING September 3, 2006
ATTENDING BOARD MEMBERS: x Brian Neth x Katherine Aitken-Young x Bill Webb x Eric Jung x Dave Morley x Paul Petersen x Scott Fairman x Gary Willard x Gordon Ritter
ABSENT BOARD MEMBERS: - Jack Wedgwood - Gloria English - Ginny Parkinson - Ron Rossi - Randy Mancini - Ron Murphy
GUESTS: x Terry Woodrow x Five residents on Snowshoe Road
CALL TO ORDER: The meeting was called to order by President Brian Neth at 2:18pm in at the Perry Walther Building in Bear Valley, California.
* Guest Report Five BV homeowners came to the meeting to address the very large house currently in development on Snow Shoe (8,000 square feet Akema home). Gary Willard, representing the ARC, reported we use CC&Rs and design review standards to control development. Ultimately Alpine County also must approve new homes. Neither CC&Rs nor the design standards say anything about maximum house size. Any change in the CC&Rs requires a 75 - 80% approval of the membership -- which historically has been very difficult to achieve. The board can address the size of a house in the Design Standards and include a FAR (floor area ratio) in the standards. Action: The ARC will come up with a way to survey the membership about changing the maximum size limitation in the Design Standards. If there's a favorable response, the board will consider altering the design standards.
MOTION: Bill Webb moved we ask the ARC to come back to the board with a proposal about changing the design standards to indicate a maximum structure size. SECOND: Gordon Ritter seconded the motion. All members in favor. None opposed. Gary to take the lead on developing this proposal with Ron Murphy and the rest of the ARC.
* Minutes of July 29 Meeting MOTION: Eric Jung moved to approve the final Minutes as distributed by Katherine Aitken-Young. SECOND: Dave Morley seconded the motion All members in favor. None opposed. Katherine to send out final minutes and Eric to post to BVRI Website.
* Treasurer's Report: Jack Wedgwood No formal report available at this time. BVRI liability insurance was paid.
* President's Report: Brian Neth As given in General Meeting.
* ARC Report: Gary Willard As given in General Meeting.
* Snowmobile Action Plan: Gordon Ritter Gordon not present. No report at this time.
* OHV Action Plan: Gary Willard. Gary not present. No report at this time.
* BV Development Plans &/or Issues Discussed in General Meeting.
* Beach Operations Report: Paul Petersen Discuss size of beach in next board meeting. Discussion. MOTION: Bill Webb moved that we officially have Paul Peterson provide and manage the beach attendant. SECOND: Gordon Ritter seconded All members in favor. None opposed.
* Report from the Board of Supervisors: Terry Woodrow Discussed in General Meeting.
* Newsletter: Bill Webb Next newsletter to go out late September. Content due to Bill Webb Friday 9/8 Content will cover: - Fire prevention - Forestry (include chipper program) - ARC updates - Master Plan Committee - Village Development Update - Thank you's for raffle items - Beach report (include note to remove boats before the snow falls)
* New Business Water company hasn't cleaned up after their improvements. If they were a homeowner, we'd be sending them a letter to request the clean up. MOTION: Bill Webb moved that Brian send a letter to the water company requesting they clean up after their work and also clean up dead trees on their property. SECOND: Gordon seconded. All members in favor. None opposed.
Adjournment: Brian Neth Adjourned the meeting at 3:07 pm
* Next Meeting Saturday November 4 4:00 pm In the Library
-- Katherine Aitken-Young BVRI Board Secretary 225 Fisalia Court, Fremont, CA 94539 phone: 510.623.9625 fax: 510.623.7362 email: firstname.lastname@example.org http://www.bvri.org
GO BACK TO MINUTES PAGE GO BACK TO HOME PAGE