MINUTES BVRI BOARD MEETING May 25, 2002
ATTENDING BOARD MEMBERS: Katherine Aitken Jim Blake Gloria English Sue Garratt Eric Jung Dave Morley Brian Neth Leslie Peterson Don Thorson Bill Webb
ABSENT BOARD MEMBERS: Milt Jones Paul Peterson Terry Woodrow Gary Willard Jack Wedgwood
GUESTS: Mark Silverstone Ron Murphy
CALL TO ORDER: The meeting was called to order by President Dave Morley at 4:02pm in a joint presence at the Community Services Building Conference Room at Bear Valley, California and on a conference line into the room for those members who could not attend in person.
* Minutes of 3/23/2002 Meeting MOTION: Bill Webb Moved to approve the minutes of the 3/23 BVRI Board Meeting as distributed by Katherine Aitken, BVRI secretary on April 10th, 2002. SECOND: Leslie Peterson Seconded All members in favor. None opposed. Eric Jung will post the approved minutes to the website.
* Treasurer's Report Report was presented by Brian Neth, Treasurer. Cash position similar to last year at this time. Membership income is off by quite a bit (more than $2,000). Members who haven't renewed yet this year did not receive the latest newsletter. A letter will go out to all members (except those who have already renewed) reminding them of the membership dues. MOTION: Sue Garrett moved to accept the treasurer's report. SECOND: Jim Blake Seconded All members in favor. None opposed.
* President's Report Need to prepare an agenda for the General Meeting coming up the weekend of July 4th. Discussion around snow mobiles in front of homes. The Bear Valley community CCRs outline the need to store snowmobiles out of sight and/or cover them with a brown tarp. Board member committee will review new subdivision lots and report by June 15th the lot numbers that have snowmobiles clearly visible from the road. Letter to specific homeowners who are identified as currently storing snowmobiles in view will be sent by Dave Morley. The letter will include a date by which the correction must be made as well as the expected result if they don't comply.
* Snow Mobile Safety Don Thorson conducted extensive research about two-stroke snowmobiles on the sub-division roads. Don prepared a document that includes a large number of reference URLs and documents. The document covers: Clean Air Safe Streets Clean Water Peace and Quiet Enforcement Liability Discussion took place around HOW the BVRI board can help educate the community about how to improve the Bear Valley snowmobile situation. Natural trend seems to be towards more machines, more noise, more pollution, and less safety. BVRI Goal: Educate, inform, motivate and incent residents to help in the improvement process.
* Picnic Brian Neth and Bill Webb are chairing the picnic this year. Terry Woodrow is arranging the fireworks to follow the picnic after dark. Plan to shoot from the dam over the lake. Clean up will need to be done after the fireworks. Cost is projected at $2,500. Target for raffle: BV Library and Search and Rescue. Raffle donations should be sent to Leslie Peterson. MOTION: Bill Webb moved to approve the fireworks expense if it is determined to be safe and feasible. SECOND: Eric Jung seconded. All members in favor. None opposed.
* Beach & Lake Sue Garratt reported on the pre-meeting lake walk to see the amount of work needed to prepare the beach for summer, set up fire pits, volley ball courts, etc. Beach attendant will be hired for 4 hours per day for the summer months. Swim platform is complete and ready to install. Beach committee is following up on this.
* BV Water District Eric Jung reported that the BV Water District sent out a survey on how our rates compare. It shows our district is in the upper middle of those surveyed. Rate increase is still projected to go through. Placement of individual water meters is cost-prohibitive. MOTION: Sue Garratt moved that the BVRI board take a position in support of the recommended increase for the service fees for the sewer district without comment on the balancing of the rates between commercial and residential payers. SECOND: Eric seconded. All members in favor. None opposed.
* ARC Report Ron Murphy 2 new homes under review. Awaiting copies of final plans for approval. Issue with one application whereby ARC had to deny a two-car wide entry pier. Approved/or are ready to approve three remodels: two on Avalanche, one on Lake Road.
* Bear Paw Ridge Annexation Gary Willard was not present. Dave Morley reported that the Annexation has been passed by the owners.
* Tennis Courts Eric Jung reported that a survey will go out shortly to all property owners in Bear.
* BVRI Use of Pool Dave Morley attempted to correspond with the lodge about their interest in making the pool available to BVRI members--no response as of this meeting. Dave Morley will continue to follow up on this.
* Fire Prevention Brian Neth will work with the sheriff to co-sign a letter requesting lot clearance by end of July. Letter will go out to entire BVRI database. Board review of lots for fire and safety issues will take place in August.
* BVRI Scholarship We have one candidate who is eligible. Bill Webb/Eric Jung are following up on his graduation from Brett Harte and his college enrollment. MOTION: Bill Webb moved that we fund the $1K scholarship for the eligible candidate dependent on his college enrollment. SECOND: Jim Blake Seconded All members in favor. None opposed.
* Proposed next meetings July 6th, 2002 8:30am preceeding the General Meeting at 10:00 in the Perry Walters Center
October 12th, 2002 4:00pm in the Community Services Building Conference Room
* Adjournment 5:52pm MOTION: Katherine Aitken moved to adjourn the meeting. SECOND: Bill Webb seconded. All members in favor. None opposed.
-- Katherine Aitken-Young a. 225 Fisalia Court, Fremont, CA 94539 p. 510.623.9625 f. 510.623.7362 e. email@example.com w. http://www.brynmorgan.com