Winter Parking in Bear Valley
To facilitate plowing of the village parking lots, vehicles must be
moved from designated areas on weekdays. Refer to the diagram below to see which areas are
"No Parking" for which times. Other parking tips:
1. Parking "move days" may not be enforced if there's nothing to plow. Call 753-6155 for a recorded message letting you know whether to move your car tomorrow. Never assume; even if it hasn't snowed, maintenance people may need to move berms or do other routine maintenance.
2. Condo parking lots are private property for condo owners and guests only.
3. Weekends and holidays may be crowded. Park close together and don't waste space.
4. Snow plowing equipment needs lots of space to turn. Don't park beyond the signed end of a row - you may get clipped, and it will be your fault.
5. Trailers, RV's, buses, and any extra long vehicles should park in "A" lot or on Creekside Drive past the library. A vehicle that sticks out farther than other cars in a row disrupts plowing.
6. Moving your car often during a big storm is easier than letting lots of snow pile up and freeze. And a deeply buried car may become invisible to a snowplow. In 1969 in Bear Valley a loader picked up a buried Volkswagen and dumped it on top of another buried car without ever knowing there were cars under there.
On the schematic below are marked the move days and times for each area. For example, Lot A move days are Monday and Thursday, 9am to 4pm; don't park there then.
GO BACK TO WINTER PAGE GO BACK TO HOME PAGE