SNOWMOBILING IN THE VILLAGE
- The speed limit is 15 mph in the busy areas at the foot of Bear Valley Road and
Quaking Aspen Road. The speed limit in the rest of the subdivision is 20 mph. No matter
where you are going it's going to be a short trip. Little is gained by exceeding the speed
limit. Drive slowly and cautiously when encountering pedestrians, skiers and other
- Snowmobile travel in the village is allowed only on the groomed roads.
- Snowmobile travel is not allowed between the hours of 10 pm and 6 am except for
travel to residence or business.
- Snowmobile travel on a common area is not allowed except to gain necessary
access to residence or business.
- Snowmobile travel is not allowed on private property, including private roads,
without owner's consent.
- All snowmobiles must be properly registered. Current registration sticker must
be visible on right side of snowmobile.
- All snowmobiles must be equipped with operating headlight, tail light, and brake
light. Modified exhaust systems are not allowed.
- The only allowable attachment to a snowmobile is a trailer specifically designed
for a snowmobile. The towing of toboggans, skiers, snowboarders, sleds, saucers, etc. is
- Snowmobiles must not be parked on the groomed portion of roads. That is, you
must create an off-road parking place at your house.
- Please fill in holes at roadside or in public parking areas created when you dig
out your snowmobile. These holes are a hazard.
- The County has initiated a "move day" schedule for snowmobiles to
allow for grooming of popular parking areas near the village center. Please note signs at
the foot of Bear Valley Road and Quaking Aspen Road. A buried snowmobile interferes with
grooming and takes up several parking spaces.
- If you have any questions regarding snowmobile operation in the village, contact
the Sheriff's Department.
- Don't let your machine idle for more than 15 seconds. Snowmobiles put out clouds
of blue smoke which is hazardous to your health. You can't see it when you're in it, but
if you go up to a ridgetop and look down into the village on a calm spring day, you will
be astonished and dismayed to see what we're breathing on a busy weekend. So please shut
your skidoo off if you're not going anywhere.
GO BACK TO THE WINTER PAGE
GO BACK TO THE HOME PAGE