YARD WASTE DISPOSAL
So you've raked up your yard to get the required 30/100 foot firesafe
clearance and you've got all these piles of sticks and pine needles. Now what?
Here are your options:
1. You can burn it in your yard. Contact the Bear Valley Sheriff/Fire Department (753-2321) for a burn permit and information on how to do it legally and safely.
2. You can pay the following people to haul it (these people will also do the whole cleanup for you): Joe Zibley, 209-753-2492; Sean Hammes, 209-588-9350; Mike Ratkowski, 209-795-4366; Erich Haas, 209-795-4331; Jason Comfort, 209-728-2152.
3. You can haul it yourself to the Red Hill Transfer Station between Murphys and Angels Camp. Take along proof that you are a Bear Valley property owner: a tax bill, driver's registration with a BV address, etc.
4. You can pay someone else to haul it to Red Hill.
5. You can haul it to Calaveras Forest Products, a private operator in Camp Connell who turns it into mulch. They charge $6 per cubic yard. Their phone number is (209)795-6500. This is the best way to handle this material, from an environmental standpoint. Information on hours and location can also be found at www.ccsolidwaste.org/Yard_waste.htm.
Please note that it is illegal to dump yard waste on common areas, or your neighbor's vacant lot.
GO BACK TO THE HOME PAGE