Bear Valley Residents ,Inc.. (BVRI) was established under the Articles of Incorporation when the Bear Valley village was initially developed. Bear Valley Residents, Inc. is a non-profit organization formed for the benefit of Bear Valley property owners (and non-property owners) who wish to join. The main responsibilities of BVRI, Inc. are the oversight of the CC&Rs and the use of Bear Lake, but read about other benefits below. To become a BVRI member one must join afresh each year. To become a full member you need to complete both a membership form AND pay annual dues. Membership requires both steps. Form link below, and payment instructions are in the form.
The annual BVRI membership dues has 3 levels for 2020. Please help us by getting your payment in in a timely manner.
- $110 if paid by March 31, 2020
- $110 if paid by July 5, 2020
- $125 if paid anytime thereafter up to December 31, 2020
Who Pays BVRI Membership
The annual dues cover an entire household for each property paid for. That is, membership dues are based on property owned, not on number of owners (or family members) associated with that property;
- Joint Owners: All joint owners are considered members in good standing once dues are paid on a given property by one of the joint owners. For voting purposes there can be only one vote per lot. There is a place on the membership form to designate who that person shall be.
- Owners of more than one lot: Owners of more than one property who wish to pay membership dues for each property owned must fill out a separate membership form for each property. You will need to do this if you want a vote for each property you own.
- Classes of Membership:
- Class A: Property Owners of lots 1 – 426 which are subject to the CC&R’s (excluding lots 412 – 415) and lessees of one year or more for said properties. Class A members (one per lot) have voting privileges on matters pertaining to CC&Rs and other BVRI related things such as Board elections.
- Class B1: Other Bear Valley property owners including condo owners, Old Sub Division owners, lot owners not in Class A including lots 412 – 415, Granite Ridge owners and lessees of one year or more for said properties. Class B1 members (one per lot/condo) have voting privileges on non-CC&R matters such as Board elections.
- Class B2: Short term lessees of Class A properties. No voting privileges
- Associate: All Others -Friends of Bear Valley (non-property owners, B1 short term lessees). No voting privileges.
BVRI desires to include renters for periods less than one year and Bear Valley area property owners who are in the Bear Valley master plan but outside the property bound by the CC&R’s in various levels of board membership, board decisions, and member access rights subject to the above classes paying the dues. The voting provisions set forth below relate to BVRI board decisions and access with the exception of matters pertaining to the CC&R’s.
Benefits of joining BVRI,Inc
- Use of either BVRI Membership beaches on Bear Lake for swimming
- Use of Bear Lake for boating
- Use of Bear Lake for fishing
- Voting privileges for electing BVRI Board members if dues are paid by December 31. (One. vote per property.)
- Representation at the county level
- Use of Lodge pool (negotiated anew each year)
Note: If you are renting your home out for less than a year at a time, you need to join BVRI in order for your renters to use Bear Lake. If you have not paid for an annual membership for your property your renters will not be able to use Bear Lake.
What the Dues Support
- The enforcement of the CC&R’s and design standards.
- Cost of insurance for the use of Bear Lake.
- The purchase of sand for the beaches and the maintenance of said beaches.
- Financial support for the summer beach attendant.
- A vigorous forestry education and management program.
- The maintenance of the BVRI website, www.bvri.org, a source of information for the community.
- Maintenance of the BVRI financial system.
- The on-line E-blast system for communicating timely and important information to the community. E-blast Sign Up Form
- Financial support to the Bear Valley Post Office and post master (part time).
- Community Event support: Financial support for the annual summer picnic, the Bear Valley Music Festival, the New Year’s fireworks, wi-fi improvement in the village, trail maintenance, etc.