Bear Valley Residents ,Inc.. (BVRI) was established under the Articles of Incorporation when the Bear Valley village was initially developed. Bear Valley Residents, Inc. is a non-profit organization formed for the benefit of Bear Valley property owners (and non-property owners) who wish to join. The main responsibilities of BVRI, Inc. are the oversight of the CC&Rs and the use of Bear Lake, but read about other benefits below.
BVRI Annual Membership Dues
The BVRI annual membership dues are $125 ($110 if paid by March 31 of the membership year).
The annual dues cover an entire household.
- Joint Owners: Membership dues are based on property owned, not on number of owners associated with that property; all joint owners are considered members in good standing once dues are paid on a given property by one of the joint owners. For voting purposes there can be only one vote per lot.
- Owners of more than one lot: Owners of more than one property who wish to pay membership dues for each property owned must fill out a separate membership for for each property. You will need to do this if you want a vote for each property you own.
- Classes of Membership:
- Class A: Property Owners of lots 1 – 426 which are subject to the CC&R’s (excluding lots 412 – 415) and lessees of one year or more for said properties. Class A members (one per lot) have voting privileges on matters pertaining to CC&Rs and other BVRI related things such as Board elections.
- Class B1: Other Bear Valley property owners including condo owners, Old Sub Division owners, lot owners not in Class A including lots 412 – 415, Granite Ridge owners and lessees of one year or more for said properties. Class B1 members (one per lot/condo) have voting privileges on non-CC&R matters such as Board elections.
- Class B2: Short term lessees of Class A properties. No voting privileges
- Associate: All Others -Friends of Bear Valley (non-property owners, B1 short term lessees). No voting privileges.
BVRI desires to include renters for periods less than one year and bear valley area property owners that are in the bear valley master plan but outside the property bound by the CC&R’s in various levels of board membership, board decisions, and member access rights subject to the above classes paying the dues. The voting provisions set forth below relate to BVRI board decisions and access with the exception of matters pertaining to the CC&R’s.
Benefits of joining BVRI,Inc
- Use of Bear Lake for swimming
- Use of Bear Lake for boating
- Use of Bear Lake for fishing
- Voting privileges for electing BVRI Board members (if dues are paid by December 31)
- Representation at the county level
- Free use of Lodge pool
What the Dues Support
- The enforcement of the CC&R’s and design standards.
- Cost of insurance for the use of Bear Lake.
- The purchase of sand for the beaches and the maintenance of said beaches;
- Financial support for the annual summer picnic.
- A vigorous forestry education and management program.
- Support for community activities like the Bear Valley Music Festival, the New Year’s fireworks, wi-fi improvement in the village, etc.
- The maintenance of the BVRI website, www.bvri.org, a source of information for the community.
- Maintenance of the BVRI financial system.
- The on-line E-blast system for communicating timely and important information to the community. E-blast Sign Up Form