Bear Valley Residents ,Inc.. (BVRI) was established under the Articles of Incorporation when the Bear Valley village was initially developed. Bear Valley Residents, Inc. is a non-profit organization formed for the benefit of Bear Valley property owners (and non-property owners) who wish to join. To become a BVRI member one must join afresh each year. The annual dues have been raised to $150 this year due to the increasing costs of the many things the BVRI Board supports. See below.
Who Pays BVRI Membership
The annual dues cover an entire household for each property paid for. That is, membership dues are based on property owned, not on number of owners (or family members) associated with that property;
- Joint Owners: All joint owners are considered members in good standing once dues are paid on a given property by one of the joint owners. For voting purposes there can be only one vote per lot. There is a place on the membership form to designate who that person shall be.
- Owners of more than one lot: Owners of more than one property who wish to pay membership dues for each property owned must fill out a separate membership form for each property. You will need to do this if you want a vote for each property you own.
- Classes of Membership:
- Class A: Property Owners of lots 1 – 426 which are subject to the CC&R’s (excluding lots 412 – 415) and lessees of one year or more for said properties. Class A members (one per lot) have voting privileges on matters pertaining to CC&Rs and other BVRI related things such as Board elections.
- Class B1: Other Bear Valley property owners including condo owners, Old Sub Division owners, lot owners not in Class A including lots 412 – 415, Granite Ridge owners and lessees of one year or more for said properties. Class B1 members (one per lot/condo) have voting privileges on non-CC&R matters such as Board elections.
- Class B2: Short term lessees of Class A properties. No voting privileges
- Associate: All Others -Friends of Bear Valley (non-property owners, B1 short term lessees). No voting privileges.
Benefits of joining BVRI,Inc
- The BVRI E-blast news letter (primary member automatic; other family members or joint owners should join through icon on the BVRI website.
- Use of either BVRI Membership beaches on Bear Lake for swimming, some boating, and limited fishing.
- Voting privileges for electing BVRI Board members if dues are paid by December 31. (One vote per property for Class A, and B1 members.)
- Representation at the county level
Note: If you are renting your home out for less than a year at a time, you need to join BVRI in order for your renters to use Bear Lake. If you have not paid for an annual membership for your property your renters will not be able to use Bear Lake.
What the Dues Support
- The enforcement of the CC&R’s and design standards.
- Cost of insurance for the use of Bear Lake.
- The purchase of sand for the beaches and the maintenance of said beaches.
- Forest mitigation around the beaches.
- Payment for the summer beach attendant (s).
- Forestry education and for forest management program.
- Maintenance of the BVRI website a source of information for the community.
- Maintenance of the BVRI financial system.
- BVRI E-news for communicating timely and important information to the community. BVRI E-News Sign Up Form
- Financial support to the Bear Valley Post Office and post master (part time).
- Community Event support: Financial support for the annual summer picnic, the Bear Valley Music Festival, the New Year’s fireworks, wi-fi improvement in the village, trail maintenance, etc.
- Support for legal advice for BVRI legal issues